Saturday, February 4, 2012

Audrey's Old Room

Audrey and Abby's bedrooms are the same size, so when it came time to assign rooms we decided to give Abby the room with the bigger bathroom.  Being older has to have some perks, aside from the joy of watching your younger sister, giving her things because she is pitching a fit and you just want her to stop, having to "set a good example" while you are doing everything...sorry, first born syndrome coming through.


Audrey's room has quickly become something much more mature in design. With its creamy pink walls and ribbon stenciled accent wall. After today's shopping trip I have decided Audrey is getting the boot and the girls are going to switch rooms.


I saw this bed at Arhaus a few months ago. I waited for a sale and in two weeks she'll be here!


                              Saint Lucia Full Bed


I Think the ribbon design of the bed will compliment the stenciled accent wall, which the bed will sit against.                      
                    


Because the bed is iron I decided to pair it with the Cream Bombay Chest  to keep the room light and maintain the bed's drama as the darkest piece in the room.

Cream Bombay Chest


This chest reminds me of a piece my grandmother has. It comes in black, green and blue and would be a wonderful addition to any room. It's depth makes it a great option for a TV stand but it's still not too imposing for a foyer.


So far on the walls I have these prints from Art.com:

Jill Barton-Sophie

                               Sophie

Jill Barton-Alex
                                 Alex

I had them mounted on wood. This saved me a ton since you don't have to pay for the frame. They really exceeded my expectations! If you want a print but don't want to spend hundreds on a frame it's a great option.

I also recently picked up a few of these really cute shadow boxes from Target:

3D Flower Shadow Box.Opens in a new window





I'll be posting pics of the room as soon as the furniture comes!!

It's so much fun when the pieces fall into place in bedrooms and in life :-)

-Stephanie



















1 comment: