Saturday, February 18, 2012

Half way there on Abby's room!

The furniture arrived on Wednesday followed by the mirror and the bedding. It's a big step forward but we have much more to do.


Here's what we have done so far:








I'm looking for a cream quilt for the end of the bed. Something simple but girly...not as easy as I thought it would be.

I added the ribbon and hook. It adds interest to the otherwise simple mirror and makes it a little less "Batman", according to the hubby.

I picked up the hook at Hobby Lobby. It's a heavy dark metal, which matches the bed, the chandelier, and the hardware on the chest.



My next priority is panel's for the windows. 
The windows are centered on the wall and have adequate space on either side to do something dramatic. Right now I am thinking double wide panels in this pretty damask:


                                  Petite Damask Fabric by the Yard

I'm hoping to score a pair of side table's from a furniture rehaber if I can get a few childless minutes next week. On those side tables I'll eventually put these burlap beauties:
I'm searching for just the right creamy shade of chalk paint to make these a little less bright and shiny. 




A cute little slipper chair in the corner and we should be finished!


So what do you think of my take on shabby french chic?

1 comment: