Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dear Fabric, I love you.

When we moved in I knew I wanted custom window treatments. I also knew I primarily wanted to work around the blue family. I just love the way blue makes you feel. 


What I didn't know was how fantastic fabric can be. I'd never had a reason to walk into a fabric store. So when I was introduced to the many high end fabric stores that grace my area it was really amazing. I'm sure the fabric snobs that work at these places knew I was a newbie as I loitered in the aisles and marveled at the textures and details and of course the prices! 


The first window I tackled was in my kitchen. I happened across this beauty and it was love at first sight.

She became this...


The trim is an understated brown ball. I love that it doesn't draw much attention but adds a bit of whimsy.

The foyer window seat came next. I decided on a wood bead trim and found the perfect one at a local fabric store. Of course, they had one yard left and it was discontinued so the hunt continues!  
The window seat is still a dark little space in need of light and something...I'm just not sure what. Right now it serves as a lovely space to hide when my 3 year old doesn't want to eat or go to swim lessons.


In the office I strayed from blue and chose something a little more masculine. According to my husband masculine must be in the eye of the beholder ;) I followed that thought up with a few jokes at his expense.


Only 9 rooms to go. What do you think of my progress so far?



Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment